Classic elegance, modern details.
Completed in 1898, The Andrus building is the oldest on Nicollet Avenue. The 140,000SF building detailed with neoclassical features was originally designed as a hub for retail tenants but has since fallen out of favor. Our reposition reclaimed the historic grandeur while incorporating popular amenities for modern tenants. The result is an ideal old/new mixed-use landmark on a prime downtown corner.
The exterior elegance was restored as was the visual connection to the bustling Nicollet Mall. Existing architectural details and signage are highlighted by soft exterior lighting. Inspired by classic fashions like the tweed suit and tailored fabrics, the interior of the lobby is a mix of old and new. Dynamic finishes, modern furniture and lighting, and custom artwork work together to elevate the environment. An existing staircase moves out of the shadows to become a visual centerpiece. Contemporary seating areas on either side of the staircase provide a variety of options for casual collaboration and mobile workers. A copper-clad fireplace anchors the seating area and makes the space feel elegant. A mix of materials – marble, metal and leather – create a warm, welcoming vibe while custom artwork created by our environmental graphic designers add energy.
The facelift is already proving popular, attracting several new tenants. A first-floor retail space ensures The Andrus will reclaim its place as a landmark.